Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Hackett Group, Inc., is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join its Product Development group to support our application infrastructure, architecture, and continued development of our recently released Quantum Leap benchmarking application. This position is an entry level position and requires a BS in Computer Science or related discipline. The qualified individual will learn from a more senior team member and grow into a position covering a wide range of systems administration and data integration tasks in our Conshohocken, PA office.
Your responsibilities as a DevOps Engineer will include, but are not limited to:
- Administer and assist with architecture of our application in a cloud environment such as Amazon AWS and EC2. Help ensure consistent uptime across all tiers of the platform.
- Assist with scaling and configuring our application and databases into geolocated, multi-tenant environments.
- Monitor and facilitate integration of data flow and translations using columnar data solutions
- Monitoring and scaling of our Apache Storm topology which provides services to the overall application.
- Assist with software upgrades, security issue resolution, and application deployments.
- Perform standard DBA responsibilities with our RDBMS and columnar data warehouse database.
- Assist with data modeling and light database development including defining and tuning complex SQL objects. Ultimately, become an expert on our benchmark database structure and business rules.
Relevant technical experience requested for this position is:
- Configuring systems using the Linux OS
- Administration of Apache Tomcat or equivalent web application server
- Solid understanding of writing efficient SQL
Additional experience that would be beneficial, but not required is:
- Knowledge of various networking services such as HTTP, SSH, and DNS
- Knowledge of security maintenance using encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, etc.
- Database administration of PostgreSQL or equivalent RDBMS
In addition to the required technical skills, the ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, effective communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, flexibility, and work well under pressure.