Must have the following in order to apply:
- Two year degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of computer programming methodologies
- Superior analytical skills
- Able to learn and adapt to new software
- Basic knowledge of HTML, web technologies, and programming languages
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Capable of writing basic SQL queries to check on the results of assigned bots and basic tables used to store job data
- Familiar with Design Studio, Microsoft SQL Server , and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Basic understanding of database tables directly related to Kapow software and all tables involving storage of spidered jobs
- Demonstrates comprehension of the data flow from the spidering applications through the databases to the production environment
- Valid Florida Driver"s License.
Required Screenings: Criminal background and professional reference check.
Job Description: Develop, maintain, and support policies and procedures for ensuring the functionality and accuracy of the programs used to spider labor data from external sites. Rely on direction and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work under general supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, update, and maintain computer software application that run automated tasks over the Internet (Bots - aka web robot, Internet bot). Bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive to quickly and accurately extract data from external websites
- Ensures all bots meet full QA standards ensuring the Dataset is correct.
- Meets performance metrics as expected, with goals on a weekly and monthly basis including number of bots maintained, how frequent errors are - what type of errors, and how many new tasks are built.
- As experience grows will have an understanding of the bot library, spidering software, and database processing of extracted data.
- Code, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, applying knowledge of system capabilities, subject matter, and logic.
- Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.