Job #: 1027046
Description: Summary: Responsible for planning and managing tactical projects that are typically of low to medium level complexity and that impact one or multiple business units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
• Manages project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
• Reviews plans to determine costs, timeline, funding, staffing requirements and goals.
• Develops project plans outlining project scope, activities, schedules, deadlines and cost/time estimates.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups.
• Assigns project team members to various project activities.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client organizations as needed to meet project goals.
• Seeks and develops more productive and effective ways to complete assigned tasks. Ensures fit with timeline, architecture and user needs.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post implementation review to identify areas of improvement or that worked well.
• Pursues project management certification or equivalent experience.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Complexity of Work: Moderately routine; general policies applied. Some decision-making.
Education: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in a related discipline.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in project management in financial services or a related industry; OR 3-5 years experience in a client-related field (e.g., business analysis, programming, client server, telecommunications, legal); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Actively pursuing project management certification or has the equivalent experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.