The business analyst for the application development services is responsible for determining the requirement of the customers project, assign to define the ideal path to bridge the business problem utilizing a technology solution and communicating clearly with the respective stakeholders, facilitators & peers.
Review, analyse and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Perform application development requirement gathering and analysis via user groups, interviews, research, etc.
- Elicit, organize, analyse, document and communicate business requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise on app functionality and business processes.
- Analyse business requirements and translate them into more detailed user stories, use cases and other functional requirement documents.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to support testing efforts.
- Validate software requirements before communicating to clients.
- Create and maintain business process workflows, flowcharts, wireframes, and diagrams.
- Perform validation of solutions by analysing the end product and applying the requirement specifications.
- Assist in developing project plans, leading meetings and other related tasks to gather and coordinate activities for requirements gathering.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Ability to work with software systems to assign and track project requirements, statuses, and defects.
Education and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area
- Strong computer knowledge and experience
- Prior experience with software development life cycle
- Expertise with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Comfortable with web-based and mobile software applications
- Detail oriented, analytical and innovative
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and goal-oriented personality
- Excellent customer service and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Keen eye for detail and organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel at multi-tasking and time management
- Eager and enthusiastic to learn and adopt new skills