Job #: 1027274
Apex is searching for an Lab Technician in Decatur, IL. The ideal candidate will have a high school degree and at least 1 year of experience in a similar environment or a bachelors degree with a scientific focus.
• Preparesamples and perform testing thenrecord results.
• Performdaily process monitoring tests throughout the plant as assigned.
• Maintainsamples of tested product in order to confirm test results.
• Document results of testing procedures and notifyoperations of adjustments.
• Enter and report data using a Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
• Understandprocesses in production andmake recommendationsto achieve quality.
• Performs light maintenance and calibration on all ADM laboratory equipment.
• Maintainsresults of all testing and inputs such data into computer on a daily basis.
• Maintains supplies used for testing and notifies supervisor of he need to re-order.
• Compares readouts with samplesas to insure all systems operating accurately.
• Maintains working area, washing equipmentand placing it in proper storage.
• Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
• Performs duties safely and completes safety certification requirements.
• Adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
• Handles chemicals in the manner outlined in theMaterial Safety Data Sheet.
• Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts.
• Participates actively in training.
• Familiarizes themselves with hazards in work area and how to protect themselves.
• Understands accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone's responsibility.
• Champion corporate-level initiatives designated for operations facilities
• Report food safety, quality, environmental, and occupational safety issues.
• Manager and the responsible personnel, and aid in the remediation of such issues.
• Adhere to the directives and guidance prescribed by The ADM Way.
• Demonstrates sufficient computer skills to utilize lab instrument operation programs
• Familiarity with current commercial software applications (Excel, Word)
• Experience with lab documentation
• Experience with operating standard lab equipment
• Demonstrates sufficient math skills to perform calculations associated with lab testing
• Previous plant experience preferred
• Ability to work on multiple tasks
• Ability to team build
• Good organizational skills
• Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills
• Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
• Accurate record keeping skills
• Attendance and punctuality
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.