Kforce has a client that is seeking an Entry to Mid-level Electrical Component Engineer in Carlsbad, CA.
The position is focused on component obsolescence and requires entry to mid-level electrical engineering experience. In addition, the position requires an engineer with a solid theoretical and practical background in electrical engineering, with exposure to mechanical engineering and products, and who is adaptable to a wider range of tasks and is able to function effectively in an engineering resource role within a matrix organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Sourcing electronic components for existing and new products, packages and electronic subassemblies
* Finding replacements for obsolete electrical components and updating current designs
* Researching, comparing and selecting components for product sustainment and improvement
* Providing electrical engineering support, particularly for component specs and selection, for commercial GA products, and for GA power conversion R & D projects
* Performing calculations and evaluations in the application and design of electrical equipment and systems for industrial and commercial applications
* Collaborating with EMS manufacturing engineers to find optimum design for manufacturing solutions
* Using document and product management software to access required specifications, procedures and documents
* Updating product documentation to reflect design changes
* Typically requires a minimum of 1-5 years of related experience and a Bachelor's degree in an electrical engineering discipline
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.