|Title||Environmental Programming Specialist|
|Description||INNOVIM LLC is seeking an Environmental Programming Specialist to support a proposed contract providing Program Management Office (PMO) leadership for the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) in Asheville, NC. |
This will be a key leadership position in the effort to improve the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA’s) ability to host and provide access to one of the most significant archives on Earth, with comprehensive oceanic, atmospheric, and geophysical data, products, and services. NCEI is the Nation’s leading authority for historical environmental information.
INNOVIM currently provides a broad range of scientific, engineering and IT services to NOAA.
The proposed Environmental Programming Specialist is significant to the NCEI mission because it provides the expertise necessary for maintaining datasets and products that are developed from systems that are among those listed by NOAA as “Critical Observing Systems”. The position ensures the continuity of algorithm design required to meet the needs of NCEI and its stakeholders for high quality weather and climate products.
|Requirements||• Requisite abilities and experience in performing science-based data analysis and product development through the use of advanced programming techniques. |
• Expertise in structured programming languages FORTRAN and Python, shell scripting, and graphics packages, such as GrADS
• Demonstrated knowledge of data manipulation and analysis capabilities including quality control of environmental data and developing algorithms while leading and supporting scientific articles.
• Minimum of sixteen years of relevant experience, with up to twenty-five years total relevant experience.
• Advanced degrees from an accredited institution and/or professional credentials from a recognized entity may be cumulatively tallied and substituted for experience.
• Familiarity and knowledge of the full spectrum of climatic, oceanographic, coastal, and geophysical products and services which various NOAA Data Centers delivers to the public and private industry users who utilize this data for awareness, research, and decision making.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.