OrthoVirginia, Virginia's largest provider of expert orthopedic and therapy care, is currently seeking a full-time, experienced EPIC Interface Analyst to join our team! This position can support all regions from any location. Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a generous 401k incentive plan, profit sharing, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.
EDI Interface Analyst will provide support to the industry-leading Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system for its state-wide organization. This individual will provide support to all office locations in Northern Virginia, Greater Richmond area, and Lynchburg. The EDI Analyst I will provide support to Epic implementation, ancillary systems such as PACS and Lab system, Health System interconnect, and other EDI-focused systems.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities:
- Develop, manage and maintain Corepoint Interface Engine and its connections to Epic Bridges and several downstream/ancillary systems; this includes HL7 and FTP-based interfaces
- In-depth experience with the HL7 messaging standard
- Manage and maintain Epic Bridges EDI platform (Design, configuration, testing, implementation and support of Epic interfaces)
- Manage and maintain ancillary systems such as eRX
- Responsible for building, converting and importing data into Epic where necessary
- Provide troubleshooting, problem resolution, validation, and coordination of issues related to these systems through an incident management system
- Accountable for system error queues and making necessary adjustments to minimize those errors.
- Work with Project Management and Application Teams to translate interface requirements into a well-defined project scope
- Analyze and document interface specifications.
- Test, deploy, and validate the interfaces to achieve project sign off from internal and external project stakeholders.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an EDI/HL7 interface analyst or equivalent position
- Experience with Corepoint Interface Engine preferred
- Epic Interface Analyst/Bridges certification preferred
- Completed multiple go-lives preferred
- Experience with real-time interfacing, as well as, EMR conversion by interface
- Experience with PM and EMR concepts
- Experience with Ancillary systems such as PACS, Lab Systems, and an understanding of their relationship to both the interface and the function of the healthcare practice