POSITION SUMMARY: Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex revenue cycle problems. Utilizes a combination of programming and analytical skills to design and maintain complex revenue cycle application systems within the Health System. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands all phases of revenue cycle applications systems analysis and programming activities, and so is able to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Policies and procedures within the functional area of responsibility are clearly understood and applied accurately when identifying possible changes and assessing their impact on current automated processes.
- Under general direction, sound solutions are reached through detailed analysis and accurate determination of causes of complex problems.
- With direction, cost effective and process-efficient alternatives and appropriate solutions for application development, enhancement, or modification are recommended on a consistent basis.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
- Programming knowledge and experience enables the efficient and timely writing of custom programs or modification of existing programs.
- Responsibilities, duties, and tasks are completed according to established standards with minimal supervision within the assigned timeframe.
- Information systems developed or modified are thoroughly tested to prevent production implementation problems.
- Oral and written skills accurately convey ideas, facts, technical information, opinions, or perceptions, and in a manner easily understood by staff and end-users.
- Knowledge of Health Information & Technology system development methodology to ensure that new/modified documentation meets standards.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced analyst/programmers.
- Programming knowledge enables appropriate coding assistance and instructions to junior level analysts and programmers.
- Systems analysis experience provides appropriate guidance to less experienced staff during analysis phase and validation that project requirements are being met.
- Health Information & Technology system development policies and standards are understood so accurate assistance can be provided to team members for documentation.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience: 5-7 years relevant experience
- License/Certification: Current Epic Certification in appropriate Revenue Cycle Application.
GENERAL INFORMATION: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Health Information Management operational experience with a working knowledge of coding and classification systems (ICD-10-CM; ICD-10-PCS; HCPCS/CPT®)
- Epic HIM Coding and Abstracting design, configuration, and build
- Functional knowledge of Epic Resolute, Epic Prelude, and Epic Cadence and how these applications impact HIM Coding and Abstracting desired
Pay Range: 33.90 - 54.23
Primary Location: Charlottesville City-Charlottesville
UVA Research Park-4105 Lewis & Clark
4105 Lewis & Clark Dr
Job: Technology Services
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Dec 20, 2017
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.