One of the world's top investment banks is investing heavily in overhauling its eTrading technology. The firm seeks top developers for this effort.
Trading Platform Strats are responsible for order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing and internalization for listed options and equities. They are responsible for requirements gathering, research, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for strategies running on trading platforms. The team interfaces on a regular basis with sales, trading, technology, and other strats teams.
The team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing and internalization.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Understand North American market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings and implement changes to these on an on-going basis.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
Who We Look For
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of C++ or Java programming concepts
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Distributed server software experience
- Low latency or real time software development
- Experience with Sequencer based messagjng systems
- Good knowledge of Java
- API development