Kforce has a client that is seeking an Event Management Triage Engineer in Herndon, VA.
As an Event Management Triage Engineer on our team supporting VA's Event Management, you have the chance to use your hardware and software skills to improve the monitoring and triage processes supporting the VA. You'll work in the Enterprise Command Center with the incident management, problem management, and DevOps teams to detect, investigate, and diagnose system problems and defects across Enterprise level applications and technology stacks (most important item) and evaluate and modernize VA Enterprise systems. The Event Management Triage Engineer will leverage comprehension of workflow systems and applications processes within multiple system environments. As a Technical SME, you will work with system and network administrators to troubleshoot performance issues and outages. This is your chance as an Event Management Triage Engineer to develop your skills in enterprise-level triage and incident resolution while gaining experience in VA system infrastructure. This work may include shift support during weekends, holidays, or off-hours, as required.
* 5+ years of experience with systems administration and operations, including maintaining responsibility for overseeing operational performance, and performing performance trend analysis and alert generation for failed or failing services in a professional IT work environment
* 5+ years of experience deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting complex applications at an enterprise scale while working with cross-functional teams
* 5+ years monitoring and troubleshooting experience with two or more of the following APM tools, AppDynamics, DynaTrace, Splunk, Eternity or SolarWinds
* 1+ years of experience in service virtualization, AWS or Azure Cloud technologies, and SaaS and PaaS implementation
* Experience with using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.