Title: Global Events Planner
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Location: Longmont, CO, 80501
About our group:
- The Global Events team is a part of the Global Marketing Organization. We develop and execute an innovative global event marketing program that delivers against marketing priorities to enhance reputation as a data storage thought leader, deliver insights to empower the audiences with new ways of managing data, drive engagement as well as demand products and services.
About the role - you will:
- Collaborate with various internal cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Sales, IR, Legal/Compliance as well as industry partners and vendors in the support of successful planning and execution of trade shows across several industries and -organized Global Events.
- Coordinate logistics and operations for events using project management templates & checklists: (e.g., manage registration and housing for attendees, oversee production of exhibits and displays, coordinate shipping of products and event materials, place orders for trade show services)
- Oversee a variety of vendor activity and relationships (e.g., exhibit houses, freight forwarders, AV providers, hotels, etc.) managing effective communications, quotes, negotiations, selection, contracts, POs, payments to ensure seamless and cost-effective execution of each event.
- Reconcile event budgets reviewing and tracking all expenditures and submitting PO/invoices in a timely manner.
- Clearly communicate objectives, project status and updates to core execution team and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Travel to select events and lead or support onsite execution, including show set-up and break-down
- Highly motivated, extremely organized individual with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Collaborative player, a great communicator who will work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the globe
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or related experience
Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Seasoned negotiator with an ability to generate cost-saving ideas
- Your experience includes:
- Professional experience in corporate events and/or tradeshows
- A proven track record of delivering successful events, specializing in experience design and brand integration.
- Demonstrated integrity and ability to resolve problems independently, leading projects and providing support as needed with equal passion
- Ability to deliver highly polished presentation narratives and materials
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Open to either the Longmont, CO or Fremont, CA location.
- 10-20% Travel will be required.