The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Project Engineer with mission experience to work within an integrated program office of Air Force, Aerospace, SE&I, SETA, and contractors across the Evolved Strategic SATCOM (ESS) system. Candidate will apply systems engineering expertise to ensure needed capabilities are translated and applied to acquisition development efforts, promoting integration of leading-edge technology, shared services, and rapid acquisition efficiencies.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Serving as a senior advisor to the customer formulating, evaluating, and overseeing strategies for space, ground, and cryptographic unit efforts to achieve architectural vision and technical objectives.
- Applies systems engineering, software development best practices, and data-centric principles to assist the customer in acquiring, and deploying software applications and services
- Establish objectives and goals for ESS acquisition activities and communicate them to management and interfacing matrix organizations.
- Provide insight to Aerospace leadership and the customer on risks, issues, opportunities and associated mitigation strategies and corrective actions.
- Direct ETG personnel to effectively respond to systems engineering and acquisition related needs with the delivery of quality products, technical position papers, and briefings.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with customer leadership, contractors, ETG and other supporting contractors.
- Monitors contractor performance and delivery of the products and/or services under space and ground contracts
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or science from a recognized institution or a related STEM field
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific relevant experience working across government programs
- Experience in systems engineering, acquisition, and/or development
- Skills in performing risk and schedule assessments
- Travel to contractor and vendor facilities as required
- This position requires active Secret clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced technical degree in engineering, science, physics, or related field
- Specific experience in acquisition of satellite communication systems, ground mission planning, and command and control systems
- Understanding of space system acquisition
- Experience with AF acquisition process including RFP preparation and proposal evaluation
- Project management and leadership experience
- MILSATCOM program office experience
- Experience with agile software development and management methodologies
- Familiarity with Aerospace culture and prior experience coordinating with Engineering & Technology Group (ETG)
- Active TS and SBI clearance or ability to attain
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement