VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Executive Computer Support Technician
to support the US House of Representatives
in Washington, DC
- Location: Capitol Hill, DC
- Available: ASAP
- Security Clearance: must be able to attain a public trust
- Must be able to troubleshoot PCs, MACs, mobile devices, printers, and multifunction devices on site with executive level customers.
- Possess an advanced level of knowledge working with various Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android operating systems software, as well as strong foundational knowledge of computer hardware and computer networking.
- Able to interact with executive-level customers and management in resolving technical issues.
- Provide consultative services to help customer plan their IT budget and procurements.
- Assists in the delivery of services as it relates to installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computer systems, printers and network connectivity.
- Provision and deploy computers and mobile devices.
- Maintains a high degree of technical knowledge in order to act as a subject matter expert (SME) for solving user problems that require an advanced level of support.
- Must have the ability to work independently, proactively and within a team environment. Strong self-management of time and customer prioritizations are crucial.
- Must have the ability to participate in strenuous activities and lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Be available M-F, flexible schedule and be available to respond to cell phone/emails after hours as needed.
- Ability to provide 3 professional references required.
- 3 years minimum experience with Microsoft Windows and Office o Strong familiarity with Windows 10 & O365.
- 2 year minimum experience with MAC OS computer support.
- 3 years minimum experience supporting Mobile devices (iOS & Android).
- Strong familiarity with PC command prompts and associated network troubleshooting.
- 2 year minimum experience using remote access tools and strategies to support offsite customers.
- 2 year minimum experience supporting customers using remote connectivity (VPN).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide executive level technical support.
- Ability to attain a Security Clearance (public trust).
- Certificate Requirements: CompTia Certifications (A+/Net+/Security+) preferred but not required. Related IT certifications preferred but not required.
- Related College degree preferred but not required.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.