Please note that this is a full time permanent position.
The client offers good salary, benefits and relocation package and is looking for someone who also has experience with media relations and has spoken to the press on behalf of their organizations as well.
They need someone who has more experience dealing with media inquiries, coordinating media opportunities on the national platform, television and radio interviews as well.
• An effective leader with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all groups, including staff, leadership, volunteers, donors, and other supporters.
• Thorough knowledge of communication principles and practices with exceptional ability to communicate effectively, both verbally (orally and written).
• Creativity, decision-making, interpersonal skills, use of discretion, teamwork, negotiation, service orientation, and public relations.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with schools, vendors, and the media.
• Excellent writing/editing and oral communication skills.
• Experience with the following media is preferred:
o Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
o Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro
o CMS: Wordpress, Wix, and/or Squarespace
o Email Marketing: Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and/or IBM Watson
o CRM Databases such as Flocknote and Raisers Edge, Insightly, The Data Bank, and/or Realm (ACS Technologies)
o Metrics such as Google Analytics or Hootsuite
• The ability to manage a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
• Computer proficiency in WORD, Internet, E-Mail.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in communications, journalism, public policy or public relations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of two to four years’ media relations or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-described essential functions.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number 340.