Executive Director of Enterprise Systems Services
Salary: up to $185,000 Commensurate with Experience
- Manage all aspects of infrastructure engineering and operating functions for DoITT-hosted enterprise systems services;
- Oversee Windows, Unix, Linux, AIX and Apple engineering and operations services; direct the strategic planning, policy formulation and implementation of the Citys enterprise systems; provide executive management for the development of major programs that seek to coordinate the effective use of technology;
- Administer the technical design and operations activities of the division as well as instituting policies concerning services, methods, standards, and scope for providing services;
- Represent the agency at high-level meetings with citywide partners and other entities;
- Ensure that DoITT’s technology products and services meet business requirements; and
- Lead high-priority special projects and technology initiatives.
- 8+ years developing and managing infrastructure and supporting enterprise applications on a senior level;
- Preferred skills in some of the following areas: release methodologies, project management, technical support, production support, strategic planning, client/server applications, and enterprise services;
- Knowledge of: Data Center Design, Compute, Storage and Networking;
- Should demonstrate: teamwork, analytical, communication, and organization skills;
- Ability to lead and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to effectively interface with technologists, business owners, and end-users;
- Demonstrated knowledge of New York City government;
- Demonstrated leadership, staff development and analytics skills are strongly desired.
- BA/BS including 24 credits in the field of voice and/or data telecommunications or related field and 4 years of related experience where 18 months must have been in an executive, managerial, or administrative capacity;
2. An Associate’s degree including or supplemented by 12 credits in the field and 5 years experience as described in "1" above;
3. Education and/or experience equivalent.
NYC Residency is required within 90 days of appointment
Please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #455429
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVALS
Visit us at www.nyc.gov/DoITT
The Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications
and the City of New York are equal opportunity employers.
DoITT participates in E-Verify