Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range
$124,300.00 - $205,100.00Target Openings
2What Is the Opportunity?
Are you a design and experience strategy leader ready for your next challenge? Do you crave the opportunity to work on complex problems and systems? Can you envision ambitious new experiences and services that have the potential to transform a large, well-established enterprise for the experience economy? If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
As an Experience Design Director on the Enterprise Experience Management team, you will strategize, formulate, and facilitate design and research activities in support of our customer-centric, experience-driven initiatives. These efforts include journey transformation programs, design thinking partnerships, and other engagements.
You will bring your strong collaboration skills to partner with other functions and employ service design and design thinking techniques. Your work will build understanding of customer, agent, and employee needs, develop concepts for compelling new experiences, and enable the delivery of valuable solutions for all our users.
As our Experience Design capability grows and matures within the company, you will be a key leader helping to identify, refine, and establish effective practices for research, ideation, co-creation, experimentation, and communication. You will also be an advocate for outside-in, human-centered design thinking and doing, contributing to adoption and maturity across the company.
This is an individual contributor role and does not manage staff.
Please provide a portfolio or work examples if possible.What Will You Do?
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Apply domain-specific expertise and overall experience design leadership for programs and activities, while influencing product and journey vision, strategy, roadmaps, and decision-making in and across organizations.
- Communicate strategic direction and coordinate the work of individuals and teams, ensuring the collection, analysis, prioritization, and application of feedback.
- Shape research and design strategies for products and services by leading collaborative efforts to create and improve models, concepts, and design elements (e.g., experience goals, journey maps, information architecture, scenarios, personas, interactions, content, etc.) applying and setting design objectives, principles, and standards.
- Strategize and support the execution of research and testing activities to gather user experience data, evaluate the usability of solutions, and determine the effectiveness of concepts; analyze, evaluate, describe, report results and recommendations to design stakeholders.
- Initiate and facilitate collaboration with various stakeholders (i.e., end users, other business and technology functions, and outside partners) to inform design strategy and objectives through a human-centered approach that leverages research-based insights, experimentation, and data-informed decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and guide adoption of new and improved tools, methods, and processes.
- Coach and mentor other XD staff, to enable their advancement, while leading team and practice development, grow leadership capacity, and support the recruitment of top candidates to the XD practice.
- If managing others, set performance goals, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct standard performance reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What is a Must Have?
- Experience in a related field, such as HCI, VCD, Service Design, Anthropology, etc.
- Ten years of related experience.
- Two years of leadership experience (formal management or other).
- Advanced knowledge of most areas, expert level knowledge and application of three or more, and the ability to teach others at a basic level:
- Design research
- Information architecture
- Interaction design
- Visual design
- Content design (strategy, writing, editing for interaction)
- Information design
- Service design
- Presentation and communication
- Collaboration and facilitation
- Design strategy
- Usability testing
- Data analysis
- Design systems
What Is in It for You?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Eight years of related experience.
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email
so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit ;/a>.