Named one of the Best Places to Work in the federal government in each of the last 4 years by the Partnership for Public Service, the TVA Office of the Inspector General is a federally-mandated oversight organization charged with preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse and fostering efficient and effective operations within the Tennessee Valley Authority. TVA is the largest government-owned electric utility in the United States, providing electricity to 9 million people in 7 states.
IT Audits is part of the Audits and Evaluations organization within the Office of the Inspector General. The IT Audits department has lead responsibility for audits relating to the security of TVA s IT infrastructure, application controls, and general controls associated with TVA systems. This team also performs operational reviews of the effectiveness of the IT-related functions.
- Performs routine reviews and testing of TVA s IT infrastructure, application controls, and general controls associated with TVA systems.
- Performs data collection and analysis of records and prepares written summaries of work performed and conclusions made.
- Assists team leaders in preparing for entrance conferences, exit conferences, and interviews. Assists in the taking of discussion notes and as directed, develops meeting write-ups and summaries that are clear, concise, and grammatically correct.
- Develops an understanding of the OIG s mission, vision, and values; responsible for learning the standard operating policies and procedures of the OIG.
- Responsible for learning about TVA programs and operations and their major management systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Audit or related experience
- Knowledge of the electric utility industry
- Advanced data analysis techniques
- Professional certifications, i.e. CISA, CISM, CISSP.
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college/university in Information Technology, Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field of study.
- Familiarity with computer-assisted audit and sampling techniques.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools.
- Knowledge of network and server architectures and information security concepts.
- Some understanding of controls in mainframe or multi-platform networked computing environments.
- Proficient with spreadsheet, data base, and presentation software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- A willingness to learn and apply knowledge and skills in new areas.
- Integrity, self-motivation, and initiative.
- 2-5 years of audit or IT related experience.
- Ability to pass a background check for a national top secret security clearance.
How to Apply:
By Friday, August 16th, submit electronically a cover letter, resume to: email@example.com. Announcement number should be included in the subject line of your email. Also, please note the source where you found the vacancy announcement.
For more information about our office, please see our Web site at . For more information about TVA, please see their Web site at .