We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits
and the process
of joining the State Farm team!Responsibilities
The Fire Secondary Apps team is working to improve the State Farm Agent's experience by migrating the applications for several different Fire product lines from the current legacy solution into PolicyCenter. We're looking for a web developer to help accelerate the delivery of this Agent and customer solution and provide leadership to the team as Product Owner. This job is for you if you have a strong desire to work on a product that will directly impact our Agents and customers.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners; understand business current and aspirational needs
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Utilizes agile software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
- Product owner responsibilities include helping the product team understand the value and outcome of their work, connecting line-of-sight to the big picture, owning and managing the backlog, ensuring work is prioritized and stories are ready to pull, and helping resolve impediments for the team.
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****
- Prior experience as a Product Owner desired
- Expertise with Java
- Experience with Gosu
- Experience with Gitlab and Gitlab runners
- Experience with Tosca
- Experience with Jenkins
Office Location: Corporate office located in Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Richardson, TX; Dunwoody, GA; Phoenix AZ.