Rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London, & New York City is seeking an Experienced Trader to join a highly experienced US Equities team. As a trader, you will be tasked with not only analyzing and improving upon existing strategies but driving new initiatives.
- Make real time trading decisions using both quantitative and fundamental data.
- Use data analysis tools to identify and respond to unique market opportunities.
- Use cutting edge technology to build out effective trading strategies. Traders work closely with a dedicated technology team in developing and enhancing strategies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a 4-year university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field.
- Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- 3+ years working experience of high volume, proprietary trading.
- C++ Programming, Excel Programming and VBA Programming experience.
- Proven ability to develop new, profitable trading strategies.
- Knowledge in Python, SQL or similar language, with ability to do programming work using multi-dimensional arrays, nested loops and complex conditionals.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with experience working in large date sets.
- Passion for trading and financial markets.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Values teamwork and is capable of thinking independently.
- Can communicate effectively while under pressure.
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Experienced Trader, Python, C++, Excel, VBA, SQL, Multi-Dimensional Arrays, Nested Loops, Large Data Sets, Programming, Programmer Analyst, Trading, Financial, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting