The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
Security and Safety is dedicated to providing quality leadership, services and solutions to safeguard people and the environment, secure and protect company information and assets and enhance operational efficiency. As the Export Control Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting export compliance issues as they relate to the Global Partnerships Office and providing export compliance guidance for other programs and projects company-wide.
Note: This position will be out of our El Segundo, CA officeWhat You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- You will provide direct support to the Global Partnership Office (GPO) and other US government programs to ensure that international activity is in compliance with US export control laws and regulations
- You will advise the organization on export/import controls and requirements, including developing licensing requirements and strategy, drafting and submitting export license applications, requests for commodity jurisdiction, commodity classifications, advisory opinions and general correspondence and be familiar with DECCS and Snap-R databases, and providing additional guidance as needed to ensure compliance with US export regulations.
- You will ensure that the corporation's export/import policies are current and in compliance with government regulations.
- You will provide export determinations for employee, programs, projects, including foreign travel, foreign visits, shipping and receiving activity, and reviewing professional material for external release.
- You will develop and provide various export briefings.
- You will act as liaison with Defense Technical Security Administration, Department of State, Department of Commerce and other agencies responsible for export regulations to communicate and resolve export concerns
- You will conduct or support internal/external compliance reviews, audits and investigations, prepare audit reports, corrective action plans, and appropriate disclosures as required
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program
- Typically, 8 years of experience
- Broad and deep understanding of export disciplines and regulations (EAR, ITAR, etc.) including applicable industry best practices
- Experience in working with US government representatives (DoS, DTSA, DoC, SAF/IA and others) to coordinate, collaborate and discuss export strategy and procedures
- Knowledge of and experience with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual and its application to working with classified information and international security
- Willing to travel on short notice domestically approx. couple times a year
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task, follow through with projects and meet deadline
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) in a clear, concise, and professional manner with all levels of management
- Ability to work at both detailed and strategic levels, work calmly under pressure and display sound judgment
- Operate with little supervision as direct management is located at AGO
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement