Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for an External Data Engineering Manager to help build a next generation External Data Hub platform to centralize and expose third-party data ingested by Allstate to consumers across the enterprise. This position works in an agile environment interacting with multiple technology and business areas designing and developing external data integrations. The External Data Engineering Manager is responsible for managing an agile team of subject matter experts to help set strategy around centralizing External Data at Allstate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the latest tools and technologies.
- Responsible for the design of the external data hub to centralize all external data coming into Allstate
- Work in an engineering capacity and support third party partnerships for potential and existing clients
- Partner with Product Managers to deliver industry-shaping and technologically advanced offerings
- Define the technical backlog
- Partner with our business partners and architecture to design and build innovative solutions
- Responsible for design, prototyping and delivery of software solutions within the external data hub eco-system.
- Leads a team of agile Data Engineers
- Helps to create strategic roadmaps surrounding the external data space
- Researching and evaluation of new tools and technologies to solve complex business problems
- Helps to tune performance and scalability of external data hub
- Translates business concepts to technical implementations to drive alignment and decision making
- Works on a geographically dispersed team embracing Agile and DevOps strategies for themselves and others while driving adoption to enable greater technology and business value
- Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical partners
- Effective and efficient utilization of programming tools and techniques
- Mentors others and continually develops themselves
- 4+ years data management experience with hands on coding and development experience
- 4+ years proven experience leading people
- Experience leading a high-performing geographically dispersed team
- Experience or familiarity developing large-scale distributed applications
- Experience or familiarity with Hadoop HDFS
- Experience or familiarity with Landoop Lenses
- Experience or familiarity with streaming toolsets such as Kafka
- Experience or familiarity with source control solutions (ex git, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Open to new ideas and technologies with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a creative and innovative fashion
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter
or watch a video
.Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here"
for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here"
for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment