Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is seeking an F-35 CNI (Communications, Navigation and Identification) Deputy Repairs & Returns Program Manager (DPM) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. Join the men and women of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
The Repairs/Returns Deputy PM will support the Program Manager (PM) with the executing annual repair contracts for F-35 CNI products. This position will be accountable for on-time delivery performance for customer returned units, meeting established financial objectives as well as objectives for return rate and repair TAT, working in partnership with production product managers, Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) and other key stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The DPM position will assist the PM in executing all repair and field sustainment contracts for the F-35 CNI product lines and lead process improvement initiatives that have direct effect on overall program performance. This individual should possess leadership and team building capabilities and have strong interpersonal skills. Must possess solid organization abilities and be a motivated, flexible team player. Some travel may be required.
The Deputy Program Manager Key areas of responsibility include:
- Manage and lead development of new tools and procedures that improve efficiencies and increase manufacturing capacity
- Utilize customer product return data to facilitate identification and resolution of field and customer factory issues, including root cause/corrective action implementation
- Coordinate with production PMs and line supervision to set repair priorities
- Coordinate with engineering and programs to manage hardware life cycle impacts, enabling configuration tracking and upgrade requirements
- Continually drive for reductions in Repair Turn-Around Time (RTAT) and Volume of Returns for both NGMS and Supplier products
- Partner with Global Supply Chain and Subcontracts organizations for establishing and managing supplier repair contracts
- Manage proposal efforts for future contracts including proposal generation, fact finding and negotiations
- Coordinate trade studies for parts obsolescence for customer and internal management reviews
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BSEE, BSIE, BSME, BS MGR, or Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience and understanding of modern electronic manufacturing processes and operations
- Experience in developing new processes and procedures to improve production workflow
- Experience managing failure analysis and root cause/ corrective actions (RCCA)
- EVMS Experience
- Must have, or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience related to operations associated with product repair and field sustainment activities
- Understanding of Digital and RF radio products (transmitters, receivers, amplifiers, pre selectors, antennas, and interfaces), including testing/screening and troubleshooting operations
- Experience/familiarity with CNI hardware products is a plus
- Experience managing subcontractors
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.