Duties and Responsibilities: (some or all of the following)
- Work closely with the hardware team to develop software applications
- Manage/design/test new camera firmware features from outside vendor
- (Linux OS, C/C++) Embedded development of Amazon Voice Services for ADT camera
- Work with the cloud software team to develop backend software
- (CentOS, Java) Cloud configuration of ADT cameras
- (CentOS, C++) Cloud Video Relay Server
- Work with the applications team to develop software
- (Android/IOS, Swift, Java, C++) Video player library for mobile devices
- Develop tools to help with software development
- Develop test applications / scripts to communicate with backend services
- Debug, root cause and create detailed tickets for issues.
- Work closely with the QA team to develop test plans for unit testing and autonomous continuous integration testing.
- Supports the Product team to develop requirements.
- Supports the Dev Ops team
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
Skills: (some or all of the following)
- Modern C++ programming
- Shell Scripting / Python programming for testing
- Multithreaded programming
- Networking programming: TLS, TCP/IP, HTTP, sockets.
- Linux development tool suites
- Embedded application development
- Video protocols/formats a plus: RTP, MP4, HLS, TS, H.264, AAC
- Java programming
- Experience with Git versioning
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience with Vagrant, VirtualBox, Jenkins
- Positive can do attitude
- Working independently.
- Open to learn and work on various platforms - embedded, backend, mobile.
- Open to working outside of the comfort zone.
- Open to independently research new technology .