Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a FISMA Technical Writer/Expert to support the National Institutes of Health. This opportunity is a temporary position for approximately 6 months and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
The FISMA Technical Writer/Expert will assist with the development and revision of technical security documents including technical manuals, user guides, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other written materials in support of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The successful candidate will have strong technical writing skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) guidelines and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process. This position reports to the LHNCBC Office of Director and has the following duties:
* Analyze requirements for assigned writing and editing tasks.
* Develop and edit written deliverables as part of the Federal Information Security Management act (FISMA) and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
* Work with technical and managerial staff to review existing policies and procedures; prepare, write and edit technical processes.
* Monitor and keep informed of current applicable Federal security laws, regulations and guidance as they relate to FISMA.
* Create and edit materials that meet industry standards.
* Conduct a quality review of documentation for technical accuracy and clarity.
* Work with NIH staff to gather additional information as needed.
* Take notes and summaries as needed, at technical and collaborative meetings.
* Plan, prepare and edit assigned documents.
* Bachelor's degree in applicable field of study in computer science or related engineering field preferred.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of related technical writing and editing experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and related Federal regulations and standards.
* Advanced MS Office application skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with strong editing, formatting, and organization skills.
* Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present information.
* Ability to accept constructive user feedback and incorporate it into a polished final product
* Experience supporting Director-level staff.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team.
* Experience working with a team to contribute to the development and revision of resources.
* Ability to organize information in a cohesive manner with strong attention to detail.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Department: Information Technology