We are looking for a team player with solid technical skills to work with our core engineering team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication skills, great problem solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the smartest team and the very latest technology, then this is the job for you!
This is a mid-level cross-functional engineering position, supporting the development of our satellite communications equipment. Our products incorporate FPGAs and CPLDs from a variety of vendors including Xilinx and Altera/Intel. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for the creation, simulation, and validation of RTL based designs, including both digital and DSP/Waveform functionality. In addition, the engineer will be expected to work closely with hardware and software engineers to ensure designs can be successfully integrated into the larger system.
iDirect Government is dedicated to providing next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading innovators in this new space, our diverse and talented team of Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continues to break new ground and create significant opportunities for network operators, for service providers and resellers, and for corporate networking professionals.
The FPGA Waveform Engineer is responsible for:
- Designing and testing complex, high speed, FPGA designs implementing DSP algorithms
- Designing and supporting top-level system simulations
- Translating requirements into FPGA architectures
- Implementing and documenting FPGA designs using HDL (System Verilog, VHDL, etc.)
- Supporting systems integration and Test Engineering to produce functional design
- Implementing and contributing to the architecture of next generation satellite communication systems such asDVB-S2x
- Producing simulations of and designs for communication channels enabling the study of both channel improvement measures, such as pre-distortion/pre-coding as well as overall satellite communication system efficiency, such as interference mitigation/cancellation, successive interference cancellation, multiuser detection, and phased array antenna techniques (both space and ground segments)
- Designing the implementations for further advances in adaptive TDMA, SCPC return channels, including modeling and design of algorithms for real time embedded system implementation
- Designing and the implementation of anti-jam DSP techniques implemented in FPGA logic
- Creating test plans to assure integrated performance meets specification
- Writing internal and external facing documents about iDirect Government physical layer FPGA technology
- FPGA design experience using Verilog, VHDL or System Verilog language targeting Xilinx/Altera FPGA?s
- FPGA design experience with physical synthesis, static timing analysis, formal verification, power analysis, and other DRC centric tools
- Experience with ModelSim/QuestaSim simulation tools
- Experience Matlab/Simulink or equivalent for development of DSP algorithms implemented in FPGA?s
- Experience with Altera/Xilinx development tools
- Demonstrated ability to verify digital logic designs with System Verilog
- Experience with digital PCB design, and hardware test equipment
- Demonstrated digital signal processing and FPGA waveform implementation knowledge
- Experience with JTAG, DAC/ADC functional and RF parametric test development
- Experience with high speed interfaces such as JESD-204B, 10/40G Ethernet, XAUI, etc.
- Ability to plan/perform analysis, studies/trade-offs in support of subsystem specification and hardware, FPGA and software design recommendations
- Comfort working closely with senior engineering specialties on simultaneous top-down/bottom-up design and configuration for RF communication and monitoring systems
- Experience in architecting or designing and testing systems/fixtures in a multi-disciplinary environment including developing and writing software for test and integration, e.g. C, LabView, Python, etc
- Experience in design of RF signal conditioning subsystems including switches, cables, amplifiers and filters
- RF measurement experience and use of RF test and measurement Equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with modulators/demodulators, forward error correction, adaptive channels, anti-jam algorithms, etc
- Extensive experience with both Altera and Xilinx design and verification tools
- Experience of RFIC design, designing microwave blocks such LNA, PA, TTD, and Phase shifters
- Experience with Xilinx and Altera System-on-Chip devices: Xilinx Zynq-7000, Xilinx Zynq MPSoC, Altera SoC FPGA
- Background in RF chain design and considerations
- Background in anti-jam methodologies and design considerations
- Familiarity with Networking, TCP/IP, UDP, SIP/RTP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with scripting tools and languages such as Make, Tcl, or Python
- Experience with C/C++, bash, Python programming, etc.
- Experience with Xilinx and/or Altera high level synthesis tools
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Satellite Communication experience
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or closely related field (must be from accredited college or university); MSCS/MSEE would be a plus; minimum five years related experience.
Clearance- Active DoD clearance or ability to obtain a DoD clearance
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.