Arkansas Information Consortium (AIC) is in search of a full time Full Stack Web Designer
to join the Creative Services Team. This individual will use their unique skills to contribute to the organizations mission of connecting citizens to government more efficiently through technology. We are open to remote workers who live in the State of Arkansas.
We are a talented team of programmers, artists and project managers who are dedicated to improving the lives of Arkansas citizens through the e-government web and mobile applications we build. We are united by the belief that government doesn’t work how we, The People of the Internet, expect today. We are passionately leading a new era of digital public service, using technology to bring government to the people of Arkansas in proactive, personalized, meaningful and convenient ways.
The selected candidate will provide creative concepts and ideas that will expand the utilization of new and existing technologies. Additionally, the candidate will be part of a creative team, responsible for both enhancing existing and developing new websites and applications. They must have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment that includes an aggressive release schedule. They should be passionate about the web, advancing existing and new websites and applications, solving complex problems and driving issues to resolution. The candidate should take pride in being the person that people rely on to get the job done.
An ideal candidate understands and has well-rounded experience meeting with clients, wireframing, user interface design, writing clean semantic code, and working with product managers and programmers for a successful launch.General Qualifications:
- 4 years of professional web development experience
- Self-starter with a passion for innovative problem-solving
- Team player that can effectively communicate with designers and developers of all skill levels
- Desire to learn new techniques to improve user experience and site performance
- Strong communication skills and effectively documents ones work
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Design, code and implement websites and applications.
- Meet with clients and partners regarding website and application development.
- Architect and re-architect websites and applications.
- Mockup and wireframe designs.
- Implement mobile and responsive designs, usability and best practices.
- Test websites and applications for accessibility and usability.
- Participate in preparing requirements and specifications.
- Design marketing materials and campaign elements.
- Strong skills in HTML frameworks
- Strong skills in CSS (SASS)
- Strong understanding of design tools (Sketch App, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with print and marketing design is a plus
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Paid vacation/holidays/personal days
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Company wellness program
- Relaxed work environment & flexible hours
- And much more!