Sodexo is seeking to hire a Facilities Operations Manager at Claflin University, Orangeburg, SC. Claflin University is a globally recognized Historical Black College /University which is a significant part of Orangeburg, SC. The right candidate must have an in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Boiler and HVAC systems. Repairs and upkeep which will require you to repair equipment and confined spaces. This position is responsible for repair and preventative maintenance.
Responsible for the following:
- Installs system component parts (e.g. refrigeration systems, plumbing and electrical.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
- Performs a variety of preventive maintenance activities (e.g. filters, belts, thermostats, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining items in an operative and safe condition.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, open/punch list, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Prioritizes work orders (e.g. importance, location, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring equipment is repaired in an efficient and effective manner.
- Requests equipment, parts and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Required to know the site and conduct safety walks and quality checks on completed work. Being present, engaged, and showing leadership by walking around and observing daily work is paramount.
- Imperative the candidate possess leadership, Electrical, Plumbing and of overall building infrastructure is imperative.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction in grounds maintenance and landscaping development services to ensure account retention.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a thorough understanding of facilities management, increasing professional accomplishment, leadership, customer focus, and teamwork and communication skills.
This career opportunity offers a competitive salary, full benefits. It is a full-time position with variable hours that may include occasional evenings or weekends.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Responsible for a single scope of work in hard services area. 3rd in command Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present. In Univ. same as above as well as size and scope is less than an Ops 2;
Key Duties- Manage one other manager; typically in account with smaller volume and FTE count; Manage by walking around; Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- Technical client interface
- Payroll and time mgmt. of frontline staff
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages financials
- Responsible for client relations/engagement
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering servicesSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.