Employer is seeking a Facilities Engineering Manager located in Louisville, KY. Make an Immediate Impact.
Employer is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Employer employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Employer partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities. Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your
expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager
with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you! Key Responsibilities:
Combine your proven leadership and Facilities Management technical expertise to enhance existing (or new) client programs including short and long-range planning, grounds, landscaping and janitorial. The ideal candidate:
- Responsible for directing day to day facilities operation at a Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky. Southern Baptist Theological.
- It is imperative the candidate possess leadership, and both technical and financial acumen. In-depth knowledge in HVAC/Boiler systems, Electrical, Plumbing and of overall building infrastructure is imperative.
- The Operation Manager will manage facilities, custodial, landscaping and maintenance operations such as preventative maintenance, proactive repair, and reactive maintenance issues as they occur using skilled trades.
- He/she manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals, and management personnel.
- The Operations Manager will also assist the Director managing the budgets and in creating a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business.
- He/she is required to know the site and conduct safety walks and quality checks on completed work. Being present, engaged, and showing leadership by walking around and observing daily work is paramount.
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
Careers in Corporate:
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or related fields is preferred.
Working for Employer at Corporate locations gives you the opportunity to help people perform better by improving their daily life in the workplace - what we call Quality of Life. Quality of Life means an environment of respect for people, for wellness and for greater productivity. Quality of Life means a workplace that creates greater efficiency, satisfaction and productivity. It means a business that understands that the wellness of people has a direct connection to the wellness of the organization's bottom line.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command; Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.Two scenarios for this position in Univ.: A) Has all facilities rolling up - Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation. B) Mega account - multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers - unifying position.
Key Duties- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development- client interface; - payroll oversight;- budgetary oversight on some services; - Oversees and coordinates projects- Manages work orders/CMMS- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Employer is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Department: