|Title||Facilities Chief Engineer|
|Description||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking an experienced Chief Engineer to identify and execute energy saving and conservation programs and projects at facilities utilized by the US National Weather Service. |
INNOVIM has a strong commitment to providing superior work in the fields of science, engineering and technology. We are provide a variety of support services to ensure continuous operation and analysis of data from Weather Service Offices nationwide.
The Chief Engineer with an electrical background will work out of the NOAA Silver, Spring, MD HQ and assist in NWS facility energy management and energy conservation efforts, tracking costs, types of energy and water utilized by each NWS facility using the EPA Portfolio Manager System.
The candidate will also be expected to:
• Promote education and adoption of all manner of energy and water resource
conservation and management activity assistance necessary to optimize the use
of installation utility resources, including but not limited to natural gas, coal,
electricity, water, and wastewater.
• Assist with the development and submission of grant applications where
available to install energy reduction projects, which may be offered through the
state, federal or utility programs.
• Strengthen energy/water/sustainability policies within the organization
• Analyze systems and methods of operations, identify new opportunities for
energy, water and solid waste (implement or strengthen recycling programs),
emission reductions, and facilitate implementation of energy initiatives to reduce demand and consumption.
• Support NWS in meeting the goals/mandated reductions with Executive Orders and Department of Commerce Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan (SSPP). These efforts may include developing and providing guidance, technical support and project management in energy/water conservation, greenhouse gas reduction initiatives, renewable energy, solid/hazardous waste reduction efforts, recycling, and sustainable buildings
• Assist in updating NWS policies and procedures related to facility operations.
Coordinate with the regions as needed for that purpose.
• Develop energy/water/sustainability plan and implementation strategy
• Conduct energy / water / sustainability audits
• Develop strategies to minimize utility costs.
• Support NWS facility condition assessments, serving as an expert in the
electrical engineering field providing guidance regarding the types of electrical
component data to gather and helping to formulate planning and prioritization to address deficiencies. Coordinate with the NWS regions to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
|Requirements||The candidate must have an Electrical Engineering facilities background and: |
• active state issued professional engineering (PE) license and certified
energy manager (CEM) from the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
• BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in a related area as well as 10+ years of
experience in facility operations and maintenance or in a related area.
• Experience with EPA’s Portfolio Manager web-based system
• Knowledge of facilities management fundamentals, facility maintenance planning, property facility condition inspection and assessment methods, statements or scopes of work, acquisition and contracting procedures, building codes, service contracts, physical plant operation, health and safety practices and procedures, environmental safety practices and procedures.
• Knowledge and experience with energy, water, sustainability regulations that are applicable to federal facilities.
• Knowledge and experience with sustainable design such as LEED, Green Globe,etc.
• Knowledge of utility rate structures
• Experience sizing uninterruptable power systems (UPS) and emergency power
generator (EPG) systems.
• Ability to decipher abstract technical information and write, clear concise
technical documents and reports.
• Ability to develop and organize information in order to convey information to
desired audience. Shall be able to communicate with NWS Facilities
Maintenance Branch field and regional personnel and NWS management at
various organizational levels.
• Assist in the development of Scope of Work Statements. Participate in design
review meetings and perform architect/engineering drawing reviews. The
contractor shall assist in tracking the design schedules.
• Support NWS facility condition assessments. Coordinate with the NWS regions
to ensure completion of task in a timely manner.
• Knowledge and the practical use of applicable national, state, local codes and
regulations relating to design and construction.
• Ability to develop and organize information in order to convey relevant points to desired audience.
The large majority of this work is performed at NOAA headquarters in Silver Spring and at various NWS facilities
Candidate must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.