# of Positions 1
Business Title FACT TEAM BUSINESS ANALYST
Civil Service Title COMPUTER SYSTEMS MANAGER
Title Code No: 10050 Level M1
Proposed Salary Range $ 54,643.00 - $ 95,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit OPS/FS/Business Team
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for an analyst on the FISA Agency Communication (FACT) and Training Team in the Financial Systems division.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
• Communicate requirements for the implementation of new functionality and provide workshop and written material that explains system functionality.
• Serve as a liaison between the Financial Management System project and City agencies, ensuring agency concerns and issues are handled professionally and expediently.
• Identify and communicate agency concerns and issues to the Team Leader and determine how they should be addressed for follow up conversations.
• Plan, track, and report status of agency readiness for the deployment of accounting, budgeting, and procurement functionalities.
• Work extensively with agency primary contacts to provide overall assistance to agencies in areas such as agency readiness planning, issue resolution, and communicating system functionality enhancements.
• Provide post-deployment support, including assisting the FISA Call Center with answering, logging, and following up on calls.
• Conduct user assistance sessions as needed.
• Write announcements and other agency communications.
• Perform other special assignments as needed including: providing assistance, direction, and follow up activities for oversight and line agencies in completing functions for business events conducted throughout the year.
• Perform administrative tasks as needed.
• Interface with business teams and vendors to gather requirements for content of courseware training materials and then author courseware training materials.
• Interface with business teams and vendors to gather requirements for Computer Based Training and then develop the CBT / eLearning materials.
NOTE: Occasional travel to agencies within the 5 NYC boroughs is required during business hours.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles
• Superb written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate IT/financial systems functionality into simple yet effective communications for end users.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to coordinate activities from end-ta-end with periodic guidance and input from management and/or teammates.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, quickly and independently resolve problems, while under tight deadlines and while maintaining a positive and professional working relationship with all project participants.
• Basic knowledge of project planning, managing, organizing and status reporting.
• Ability to speak in front of a user group and clearly describe how business functions and exception process / usage scenarios are executed from within the FISA Financial System software
• Knowledge of some or all of the following: FMS Accounting, VENDEX, IFA, Payee Information Portal (PIP)
• Experience developing courseware training materials.
• Deep experience using CBT / eLearning with Captivate.
• Experience conducting presentations for audiences of at minimum 50 people,
• Experience in a writing, communication position, or training position for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation
• Demonstrated experience with Completed SDLC implementations in a communication and/or training position within the prior years for a large system implementation (ERP implementation preferred)
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #329633. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
FISA/OPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
POSTING DATE 02/05/2018 Until Filled
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer
New York, NY, 10007