Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement
(RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow
service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their
customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and
have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new
mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the
payments landscape in the United States.
As a DevOps lead for FedNow, you will establish
the toolchain, processes and standards for the DevOps team, building and
implementing our DevOps strategy from the ground up in conjunction with our
partner teams across the Fed. You will help to automate and streamline our
engineering operations, troubleshoot and resolve issues in dev, test, and
production environments and design, develop, test and deploy solutions as
required. You ll work closely with engineers and architects in order to
maintain seamless automation across the entire platform. The ideal candidate is
someone who loves building and maintaining reliable and scalable systems, CI/CD
tooling, and automating cloud-based highly available, high performing
What will be expected
- Provide leadership to the DevOps Engineers.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Lead the team through development and operations.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Drive selection of tools and products in the DevOps Toolchain.
- Configure and operate the DevOps toolchain to support the needs of the FedNow Engineering and Operations teams.
- Building and maintaining tools, services, and automations associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy, and compliant with security standards.
- Support, drive and operate automation in product build and deployment.
you will bring-
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, automation, and infrastructure-as-code
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of working in AWS environments
- Experience supporting infrastructure for large multi-services applications
- Experience working with Jenkins or other infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, and automated build tools
- Experience working with containerized applications and solutions such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Opernshift
- Experience working with ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, or other container orchestration tools
- Proficiency in Java, scripting languages (pythonor similar language) and git
- Experience working with Linux and the Linux command line
- Knowledge and experience working with continuous deployment in micro-services architectures
- Experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic etc
- Experience working with configuration management tools
- Working knowledge of databases and PostgreSQL
- Expertise in test automation and tooling, such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium etc.
- Proficient knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows)
- Proficient knowledge of database testing
- Ideally, you ll have experience with AWS services, and automated testing of AWS-deployed distributed systems.
- Demonstrates independent critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines, and DevSecOps
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company s success
- You ll be a Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
- Knowledge of technology project and secure coding standards
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Nice to Have
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Infrastructure as Code (IAC); Terraform
The Federal Reserve System is
committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment
opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information,
disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this
position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot
Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once
every five years.
The above statements are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities
or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While
this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position,
management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its
discretion at any time.
For this job, any offer of
employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security
screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a
physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a
security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history
The second phase, which might not
be complete until after you begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional
risk-based security screening determined by the risk rating of the
position. Depending upon the sensitivity of the position, this phase may
include, and is not limited to, work and residency eligibility verification,
and personal interviews with the candidate, references, and prior employers.
All applicants must have resided in
the United States for at least three (3) years