FedNow Client Solutions Consultant FedNow
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States. Position Contributions:
The Client Solutions Consultant is responsible for helping to implement a new instant payments service by working with a diverse group of potential clients including financial institutions, payment service providers and aggregators. One of the key objectives of the role is to assist with activities, programs and relationships to enable FedNow adoption and evolution and to drive towards ubiquity of the service over time.
The Client Solutions consultant may also be asked to assist with the execution of a Pilot Program with a select group of early adopters of the FedNow Service, and engage with this group throughout the various phases of FedNow development, testing and launch. What will be expected of you:
- Become a subject matter expert on the functionality and operation of the system and educate external users.
- Work directly with financial institutions, aggregators, payment service providers and vendors to identify client requirements and promote readiness, adoption and usage of the FedNow Service.
- Provide onboarding assistance to develop a high degree of operational readiness across assigned customers.
- Document any actions or considerations impacting product development including technical requirements and roadmap, and design of customer-facing processes resulting from client discussions.
- Perform analytical work in support of modeling and decision-making for industry readiness and product initiatives.
Expertise you will bring-
- Support project management and internal/external communication initiatives.
It's added value if you have-
- Banking and payments experience, especially knowledge of faster/instant payments, ACH, FedWire or CHIPS payments processing and formats, and clearing and settlement is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in ISO20022 message standards, workflow management, payment fraud monitoring, customer/industry directories, or data warehouse design is a plus.
- Proven experience working with industry partners on product or service implementations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to quickly gather, analyze and synthesize information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to express ideas in a clear, concise and compelling manner and tailor communications for different audiences
- Ability to effectively work remotely and across teams.
- Experience with executing pilot programs preferred is a plus.
Logistics & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years in financial services or analytics.
- Detail-oriented and capable self-starter with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner as an individual and in a team environment.
- Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills including the ability to influence and build consensus across teams; demonstrated experience delivering successful outcomes on projects involving multiple stakeholders with differing / diverging interests highly desired.
- Ability to work independently to proactively identify product opportunities that arise related to business trends and market developments.
- Strong project management skills to include organization, planning, and execution with the ability to manage various tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines with conflicting priorities, while providing high quality outcomes.
- May include remote working arrangements and some required travel, which will vary during project phases.
The Federal Reserve System is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.