Senior Technology Project Manager
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions to provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
As a Senior Project Manager in the FedNow program team, the selected candidate will be responsible for working at the direction of the FedNow Program Manager to define, develop, and successfully execute upon projects critical to the success of the FedNow program. These projects, some of which may span months or years, will require the successful candidate to have good working knowledge in the following disciplines:
• Financial Services / Payments
• Information Technology - Application Development, Technical Integration, Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps
• Agile Delivery and Program Management
The Senior Project Manager collaborates with other project managers in the FedNow organization as well as in other internal or external organizations to identify and resolve critical dependencies, risks, and issues that affect the FedNow program. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of diverse project resources to successfully deliver upon project scope. The PM will work collaboratively across multiple projects to develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders, be responsive to evolving needs, and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
What will be expected of you -
• Develop project plans, risk registers, actions, scope charter and resourcing needs. Identify critical path items, mitigation strategies and alternative approaches that align with the vision of the FedNow effort
• Execute and manage project, working closely with Technology leadership
• Manage and coordinate project resources in a matrixed environment
• Identify and pro-actively monitor cross project dependencies, risks, and build in mitigation plans
• Develop and maintain key relationships within the project and create a collaborative work environment
Expertise you would bring -
• 5-10 years of experience in technology project management
• Proven success in executing full life-cycle large, complex, multi-year projects
• Experience delivering projects in an Agile scrum model; experience with Scaled Agile Framework preferred
• Expertise in MS Project, MS Project server, and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to be successful operating in a virtual environment
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others, but also autonomously with little direction
• Comfortable facilitating and leading discussions with large groups
• Effective communication skills across a broad audience
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history checks.
The second phase, which might not be complete until after you begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional risk-based security screening determined by the risk rating of the position. Depending upon the sensitivity of the position, this phase may include, and is not limited to, work and residency eligibility verification, and personal interviews with the candidate, references, and prior employers.
All applicants must have resided in the United States for at least three (3) years.