Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services. Federal Security Operations Center Analyst, Associate Location: Arlington, VA
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation. Work you'll do
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Tier 1 Analyst must be willing to work in a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center environment, as well as may be expected to work some holidays and allow for flexible scheduling. You will monitor network traffic for security events and perform triage analysis to identify security incidents. Respond to computer security incidents by collecting, analyzing, preserving digital evidence and ensure that incidents are recorded and tracked in accordance with SOC requirements. Work closely with the other teams to assess risk and provide recommendations for improving our security posture.
- Performs network security monitoring and incident response for a large organization.
- Maintains records of security monitoring and incident response activities, utilizing case management and ticketing technologies.
- Monitors and analyzes Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Knowledge of creating Security Information Event Management (SIEM) rules.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Recommend changes to Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
- Generates end-of-shift reports for documentation and knowledge transfer to subsequent analysts on duty.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires .
The Cyber Security team is responsible for vigilantly protecting Deloitte and client data. The team is responsible for a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Cyber design
- Risk & Compliance
- Technology Risk Management
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Incident Response and Architecture
How you'll grow
- 1-3 years of in depth experience working in ArcSight and or SPLUNK experience
- Strong background in security incident response, system operations and threat intelligence
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Should have knowledge in incident response, vulnerability management, security intelligence, automation / scripting and/or the operation of advanced security tools.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical business users
- Strong interpersonal skills and prior professional services experience in 24x7 SOC operations is mandatory.
- Desirable certifications include, but not limited to:
- CompTIA Security+, CCNA, SANs GSEC, GCIH, GCIA. EC Council C|EH, Microsoft MCSE
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to help them to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.