Federal Systems Integration - Java - Solution Specialist (Liferay) ‑ USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology ‑ a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center ‑ we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
· Assesses and diagnoses a problem analyzing the interactions between key drivers.
· A multiple discipline position that requires effective communication, teamwork, and strong core java knowledge and skillset.
· Solution Specialist will be expected to help maintain the application server, manage releases in GIT, develop new solutions within the boundaries of Liferay and drive team methodologies and process.
· Develops solutions to client problems through application of personal experience and standard methods and tools; validates solutions with subject matter experts.
· Defines clear business objectives and desired outcomes to guide own work and the work of others.
· Understands tools and methodologies related to the design, configuration, building and testing of application functionality.
· Understands how to design, configure, build, and test application functionality.
· Understands technology fundamentals, including architectures, data modeling, and application development lifecycle.
· Work with client subject matter experts and business analysts to design, develop an approach for the configuration, estimate configuration effort, and produce design documents.
· Design, Develop, Test Configuration Solutions.
· Configuring operational parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes, regions, etc.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
· Experience in the Eclipse IDE and Spring Framework.
· Experience writing Database access code within Oracle.
· 3-5 years of strong JAVA Programming experience.
· 3-5 years of experience developing web applications utilizing JAVA Enterprise Edition (J2EE), XML, and Web Services at an enterprise level. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline or equivalent years of relevant experience.
· 3-5 years of experience with J2EE Framework components such as Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Logging mechanism (ex. Log4J), Transaction Management and Thread Management.
· 3-5 years of experience with designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer).
· 3-5 years of experience writing SQL/Functions/Procedures in transactional database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2.
· 3-5 years of knowledge on MVC framework like Spring/Struts/Grails and ORM tools such as Hibernate, MyBatis.
· Good understanding of developing Web-services.
· Understanding of build and deployment process and tools like Maven, ANT /Cruise Control.
· Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles.
· Writing business rules and other business logic in GOSU.
· Configuring screen layouts, including creation of new screens, in XML files.
· Resolving issues identified in testing.
· Certifications in system administration, system architecture, virtualization or cloud technologies preferred.
· Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software.
· Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Additional U.S. Delivery Center Requirements
Click here to select Federal Requirements from the drop down list.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.