We have an exciting opportunity for a Fiber Engineer with our industry-leading client in both Plainfield, IN and Cincinnati, OH.
We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.Responsibilities:
- Develops Fiber solutions to address Duke Energy business needs including the planning, designing, implementing, testing and documentation of the communication systems & network components.
- Develops support processes to enable 1st and 2nd level support teams to handle support issues along with providing 3rd level advanced support as needed.
- Provides cost effective designs that incorporate sound engineering practice, utilizing the latest in proven technology with the goal of meeting business needs and providing a reliable and efficient service.
- Writes specifications for new telecommunications equipment and services; evaluates quotations and proposals to ensure the best equipment for the job is purchased; requisitions equipment and assigns accurate accounting information.
- Develops plans and prepares engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts/equipment lists, logical installation instructions and appropriate documentation (drawings, wiring diagrams, layouts, etc.) to support an efficient installation and maintenance process.
- Prepares and submits cost estimates, economic studies and accounting requests for planned projects.
- Works effectively with other team members to successfully implement transport projects.
- Monitors installation work to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with current telecommunications technology and available facilities.
- Resolves complex technical problems and provides technical assistance to installation and maintenance personnel.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Four years of experience designing fiber optic network infrastructure, including OPGW, ADSS (communications space and power space) and underground fiber installations.
- Experience with fiber installation techniques such as boring, trenching and aerial cable installation.
- Experience with DOT, railroad and municipality permitting processes.
- Experience with pole loading analysis, sag and tension charts.
- Understanding of joint use policies and systems, such as SPANS.
- Understanding of communication technology and fundamentals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support successful performance in a team environment
Job ID: 346255About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!