Field Applications Engineer – Work Remotely along the West Coast
Summary: Leading bay area chip provider seeking an experienced Field Applications Engineer to join Security division to make a difference with product awareness. Work with a portfolio of security products including crypto IP cores and security IP subsystems. Architect solutions for networking in automotive, Mil/Aero, AI/ML alongside embedded design systems. As a technical security guru, you will be a key participant in sales conference calls, prospective client visits and product demonstrations.
• Translate customer challenges into technical solution proposals
• Have a strong desire to work with customers to architect security solutions
• Work with the sales team to strategize on achieving customer design wins
• Lead successful product evaluations and PoCs
• Play a pro-active technical account management role within target accounts which include relationship and business development activities
• Work with sales, marketing, and product management to be the technical bridge for our customers relaying customer requirements back to the product line
• BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. (MS preferred)
• 10+ years of chip/architecture experience
• Experience with supporting discrete semiconductor devices and/or hardware-IP
• Familiar with ASIC and FPGA architectures (Verilog or VHDL)
• Familiar with EDA tools and methodologies (Synopsys, Cadence, etc.)
• Ability to write prototype code using C, C++, Python
• Willing and able to travel to customer sites (~20%). If along the West Coast, must be within 2 hour flight to bay area.
• Understanding of embedded security use cases for target markets mentioned above
• Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms and protocols, Public Key Infrastructure, Key Management
• Knowledge of side channel (DPA) and anti-tamper technologies
• Experience with platform security architectures
• Existing United States Government security clearance (not required, but a plus)
Location: West Coast (You may work from home anywhere in the West Coast)
OSI Engineering is a leading talent acquisition and services company, building powerful IT and Engineering development teams to meet speed-to-market demands across the US. We develop, implement and manage workforce solutions through every stage of the product lifecycle, from early application development through final production, delivering the highest-level technology professionals. Our capabilities include technical staff augmentation, managed service programs and resource planning solutions.
With over 20 years of experience, OSI’s technical expertise spans the software stack from the firmware layer up to the user interface. We deliver dynamic and diverse teams for IT Services, Networking Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Mobile Hardware and Applications, Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Car, Enterprise Information Security and Data Science. Our quality-focused approach to talent acquisition and services helps our clients successfully launch their concepts and products that change the world.