This position is part of a team that supports and maintains the Operational Technology systems located at our processing plants and field locations. This position will have a level of responsibility for all facilities, as such, will require travel between sites regularly. The position will have primary responsibility for all Operational Technology systems and network topology. Functioning as the primary contact for Operational Technology, this position will work closely with Facilities Operations personnel, Project Managers, and Corporate IT staff to maintain the expected reliability of OT systems. Responsibilities
- Function as smart hands and eyes to assist with the administration and troubleshooting of Windows servers, the local area networks, and components. Includes activities such as sizing/installing/troubleshooting network equipment and server hardware.
- Collaborate with others in the IT organization and recommend opportunities for network enhancements and other solutions to increase operational efficiency.
- Collaborates with others, as an escalated level of support, to resolve major underlying technology issues which arise within project or a product as needed. Identifies opportunities to make significant changes in the process to eliminate outages, reduce waste, improve process and execution efficiencies, and improve communication across the organization.
- Collaborates with others to identify areas of opportunity for cost savings and improvement through integration, automation and enhanced business capabilities.
- Maintain appropriate controls, documentation, process and business recovery plans for the plant sites, local area networks, and other computer systems. Maintain other technical specifications to ensure compliance with corporate standards and procedures.
- Perform regular reviews of procedures and audit controls to align with internal policies and standards. Perform remediation of identified gaps.
- Build strong relationships with plant operators and managers.
- Supports the corporate culture by personal involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, Safety & Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Act as a mentor and provide training to both internal and external support staff when necessary.
- Coordinate and manage special projects, including mergers, acquisitions/divestitures, new site builds and moves.
- Assist with obtaining quotes and ordering equipment as needed.
- Up to 50% travel for field work as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Two or more years' experience working in an Operations Environment.
- Four or more years of IT or OT networking experience.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and configuring switches and routers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- SCADA, DCS, understanding of Plant systems and operations is a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at