: This role will be PMing HCM/Finance related projects; mix of cloud and other 3rd party apps. It can indeed be remote.
- JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating complex business and IT projects. Deliver these
projects within quality, time and budget constraints and appropriately manage any associated risks.
Duties include budgeting, identifying resources and coordinating the efforts of cross-functional team
members as well as third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide project management leadership for strategic initiatives as assigned, including the
development of project plans and coordination of project team activities.
- Provide coordination between multiple technical and business teams including DBAs, Server
Administrators, Architects, Infrastructure Analysts, Developers, Operations Analysts, Project
Managers and business contacts.
- Utilize accepted project management techniques to develop and maintain project plans and
manage project quality.
- Manage complex development projects using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Prepare project planning documents including charter, schedule, and testing plans.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and
clear fashion, including creation of reports and presentations to senior management.
- Manage project budgets and authorizations for expenditures.
- Complete projects on time and within budget guidelines to achieve company and project objectives .
- Translate technical details for people with varied levels of knowledge.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, manages issues and devises
mitigation and contingency plans.
- Define process success criteria with product owner.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members.
- May manage relationships with external suppliers at a project or program level.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities
or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by
exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective
relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes
openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in
an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking
advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and
learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results
beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming
responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer information systems or related area.
- Five (5) years’ experience leading complex Information Technology projects.
- Experience developing and delivering processes pertaining to managing information technology projects, compliance reporting, process auditing and reporting capabilities.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to transform learning and insight into actionable plans.
- Excellence at organization and coordination with ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent projects and communications across multiple teams.
- Self-driven leader and proactive team player. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working under pressure and in a fast-evolving environment.
- Effective facilitation and coaching skills – ability to facilitate agreement across functional teams to deliver an overall business solution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across groups and all
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Freight or freight related industry experience.
- Agile Scrum Master, PMP or Six Sigma Certification.