Must already have Secret (or higher) clearance used in past 24 months
(Top Secret or TS/SCI preferred)
Candidates can be anywhere in the Contiguous US
Travel up to 75%
Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to bring video, imagery, and data to life on big electronic canvases?
Are you ready to make a difference and assist the Planar team as we help shape the way people think about and use display technology now and into the future?
If you love creating amazing visual display installations, resulting in stunning environments all over the country, this job is for you!
We are seeking a Field Installation Technician who is responsible for performing field service, including installation and onsite service support, on Planar hardware and software products for our Government clients. This includes installation, troubleshooting and repair for customer installations of Planar hardware and software products. Works collaboratively with engineers to obtain technical skills and feedback in order to resolve field product issues.
This position requires travel to client sites so open location as to where candidates live but must be willing to travel (up to 75%).
What You'll Do:
- Install displays, mounting hardware, A/V equipment, and interconnectivity equipment at customer locations independently or with a team
- Maintain and service installed products at customer locations
- Provide installation, setup and teardown of product for demos and trade shows
- Report and escalate product issues and resolution to appropriate personnel
- Work with Technical Support and Engineering teams to resolve issues when standard troubleshooting and replacement of hardware does not fix the problem
- Provide training and certification to integrators on site when appropriate conditions apply.
- Provide accurate notes and documentation on completed projects
- Provide backup support to the Tech Support/Helpdesk to provide answers to customers' technical requests via phone and email
- Communicate end-user feedback and issues to appropriate personnel, and proactively propose solutions or appropriate actions
- Ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct
- Ability to come to work demonstrating timely and regular attendance
- Ability to handle stress effectively
- Ability to learn on the job in a fast-paced environment
Who You'll Work With:
- External Customers
- Engineering Team
- Technical Support Team
What You'll Need:
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone, customer service, time management, and decision-making skills essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate appropriate information to customers and team members in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing to provide documentation on completed installations
- Understanding of order process, escalation process, and ability to provide feedback to Project Manager
- Ability to effectively maintain professional appearance and demeanor in a variety of work environments
- Ability to work unsupervised while remaining efficient and productive, completing work in an exceptional manner
- Comfortable using standard hand tools
- Basic understanding of electronics, connectivity concepts
- General knowledge of HVAC and Power requirements
- Knowledge of various A/V cables including but not limited to HDMI and CAT 6
- Understanding of wiring schematics, measurements and system drawings.
- Must be able to read Visio and / or CAD drawings
- Ability to create Visio or CAD line drawings is desired
- 3rd party Control knowledge (Creston, AMX etc) is desired
- System integration experience is desired
- Comfortable working on a ladder for extended periods of time
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the order process, escalation process, and providing project feedback to the Product Management team
- Mental ability to conduct on-going interpersonal interactions, analyze and solve problems essential
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes.
- Physical ability to use computer hardware/software required.
What You'll Need To Bring:
- Associates degree or equivalent in a technical field
- 2 to 4 years of professional work experience in a technical role, preferably in an A/V company
This position requires the incumbent to work in an environment where there may regular exposure to the following:
- General M-F with occasional weekend activity, hours are dependent upon the project and site access and often extend beyond the normal workday
- Position requires heavy lifting
- Ability to travel extensively and work substantial overtime
- Scheduling flexibility based on business needs
- Working with others in a team setting
- Valid drivers license and use of a personal vehicle with proper insurance
Planar: The World's Premier Display Provider
Who We Are
In a world filled with high-tech gizmos and a never-ending array of visual imagery, display performance is a requirement. While we do love to dazzle your eyes, we never forget that our primary mission is to give you the ability to see: the data, the advertising, the movie, the presentation, the game. We know it’s not about the technology. It’s about what you need to do with it.
Designed Specifically For Your Application
Planar focuses on how people use our displays. What features really matter to you. The environments you use them in. We listen. We see. We learn. We find ways to help you solve problems you might not even know you have with our pioneering efforts.
Experience Expertise Second To None
With over three decades of experience in display technology, Planar brings deep technology expertise to big display challenges. We help you understand the technology options available to you and bring the latest and best offerings. It’s also our job to keep on top of the newest technologies, but we only bring them out when they’re proven and ready. You can depend on us to help you benefit from the cutting-edge when the technologies are truly viable and worthy of your trust.
Chances are good you’ve already had your eyes on Planar displays. From the Sahara to Siberia to Shanghai to San Francisco, you’ll find Planar displays in airports, corporate offices, hospitals, ATM machines, retail stores, television sets and in homes all over the world. With strong global operations, our supply chain is designed to provide display products to any customer, anywhere, at any time.