Johnson Service Group (JSG) is supporting our global aerospace/defense client, who is seeking a talented Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to provide manufacturing expertise to solve complex challenges, and to implement process and product improvements.
Scope of Experience and Responsibilities:
- 5-8 years+ of experience in a machine shop (CNC), weldment, brazing and/or a mechanical assembly/test environment.
- Experience in the aerospace, and/or defense industry is required.
- Background in the manufacturing of high reliability E/M products.
- Strong knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Gauge R&R and machine capabilities.
- Provide technical solutions to address manufacturing issues
- Support new capital equipment purchases and manufacturing implementation
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability & Assembly (DFMA) and New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Participate in process improvements on a project level.
- Support manufacturing with implementing complex engineering improvements and solutions.
- Adhere to Quality System requirements and support process audits.
- Initiate and support Process Flow Charts, PFMEA, and Control Plans.
- Experience with Project Planning tools, such as MS Project, is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering, Aerospace or a related technical discipline is required
- Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred
- Continuous Improvement (CI) training and hands-on experience
- Professional certifications including AWS, SME, CWE, CWI, etc. are preferred