We are looking to hire a In House Service Engineer to apply knowledge of mechanics, electronics, optics, computers, and products to the installation, preventive maintenance and repair of medical imaging systems and accessories, specifically PET, PET/CT, SPECT, and SPECT/CT. Cultivate superior customer relations to ensure contract stability and continued success.
- Routinely check on customer base for client satisfaction, unresolved issues, providing prompt and courteous service and support at all times.
- Effectively communicate with customers, team members and management regularly; provide customer, competitive and sales lead information to the appropriate account manager.
- Provide real-time and follow-up customer support, accurate resolutions; evaluate the customer issue, diagnose the problem, create a repair strategy then perform and verify the repair, include customer training, introducing the customer to basic features and functions of the instrument and software.
- Respond to service issues within one hour and provide on-site response within 24 hours.
- Manage, prioritize and schedule all work to be performed to satisfy internal and external customer demands.
- Perform system installations using technical abilities and independent judgment during evaluations, troubleshooting, repairs, testing, refurbishing, routine maintenance and validation.
- Log and complete reports detailing service calls, indicating call types (down vs routine), and on-site visits including services completed, recommended parts for next service visit, and modifications to improve or update current design.
- Identify in-good-condition versus failing parts that require service.
- Comply with all applicable regulatory guidelines in regards to ISO Certification and process and procedure protocols are followed according to company standards.
- Maintain performance standards by meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as indicated on your performance plan.
- Complete and maintain training and certification for serviced systems.
- Adhere to Quality Management Procedures (QMI) and Work Instructions (WI) as set by the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Perform other duties as determined by management.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Work is performed at hospitals, clinics, and physician offices. Employee must be able to work in confined areas. Drive to and from facilities in all weather situations.
- Travel may be extensive.
- Schedule may be unpredictable.
- Work environment may involve exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt dust, fumes, unpleasant odors and loud noises.
- Performance of job duties has a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood-borne pathogens or other infectious materials that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Field Service experience with PET, PET/CT, SPECT, or SPECT/CT
- Associate Degree in electronics or biomedical engineering or military equivalent training.
- 5+ years' experience with diagnostic imaging equipment experience, preferred.
- Valid Driver's license. Proficient with Cloud IOS, Microsoft Word, Excel and CRM. Expert level experience with standard and metric tools.
- Condition of employment; completion and favorable results of Background Investigation and Drug Screen.
- Must complete safety, OSHA and HIPPA compliance, sexual harassment, MSDS, defense driving, incident reporting, radiation safety, ISO, forklift, and OEM related training. Continuous training and knowledge seeking of company products and services.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at