Description Job Requisition:
Field Service EngineerJob Description:Job Summary
Leidos has an opening for a Multifunctional Field Service Engineer (M-FSE) at the National Ground Intelligence Center. The M-FSE will support a high profile program to provide operations, maintenance, and associated support for all devices associated with the system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The program is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of technology to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities. Team Leidos has been providing world class development and field support to the program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the program wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission. The successful candidate will provide critical system administration and operations and maintenance support to include technical support services for the US Army including comprehensive and responsive network support services, planning, scheduling, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, network management, network monitoring, and configuration management including local area networks (LANs) and connectivity to associated wide-area-networks (WANs).Primary Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will provide technical support and analysis to customers at NGIC.
- Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of Company technical products, programs and systems.
- Tests, trains and fields support to customers regarding technical aspects of designated systems and services.
- Provides expertise for the resolution of technical problems, troubleshoots products and modifies products to customer requirements.
- Maintains network stability through advanced troubleshooting, timely resolution of incidents, and proactive maintenance to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time To Repair.
- Provides training to customers. Reviews system and network configurations to ensure successful implementation of services into production.
- Provides support for the installation and repair of complex systems and outages. Partners with developers and engineers to reduce re-occurring incidents.
- Provides consultative assistance during off hours as needed. Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of designated systems and services.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- System start-up, initialization and shut down
- Customer interaction in response to reported problems, defining requirements and user training requests
- System image and software patch implementation on servers, laptops, and handheld devices
- System maintenance checks
- Security checks of daily logs
- Daily operation of servers
- Transaction reconciliation
- LAN administration and coordination with WANs;
- Network security functions IAW System Security Authorization Agreement
- Extracting data for reporting purposes
- Performance of system upgrades including planning/scheduling, testing, and coordination
- Implementation of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert patches
- Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
- Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals
- Periodic support of servers, laptops, and handheld devices at other locations in the United States will sometimes be required.
Requires an active DoD TS/SCI OR a Top Secret with current SCI-DCID 6/4
Requires a minimum of 2+ years of systems administration or relevant IT experience, with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
Currently possess DoD 8570 at the IAT level II, consisting of 2 or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), A+ Essentials, Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the IAT level II profile.
Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations.
Ability to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PCs and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.Preferred Qualifications
Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.