As a Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of SEFCU s IT equipment at all SEFCU locations; for installing hardware and software applications; identifying, analyzing and rendering solutions to problems encountered by internal customers/employees; communicating with employees on the issues confronted, analyzing those issues and giving concrete solutions and advice to the employees. You may render technical training on products, assisting the employees in better acquaintance with the product installed or remedied.
As a Field Service Engineer, you may need to order parts to equipment not readily available and make sure they specify to company quality. You will make modifications in accordance with company rules if certain procedures fail to resolve the issue. You are also responsible for ensuring all activities are documented properly and timely within Information Management s Jira efforts tracking system. A Field Service Engineer will have the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment. You will establish and maintain proper business relationships with internal customers and peers as well as perform necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The Field Service Engineer performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair on designated equipment
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and field modifications
- Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining daily communications with internal customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up
- Maintaining tools and testing equipment; and ensuring they are properly calibrated
- Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues
- Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all customers
- Travel to remote sites to perform endpoint and peripheral migrations or event management
- Other duties as needed
Credentials, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in a technology related field and 5+ years of related work experience or the equivalent combination of relevant technical training and work experience.
- Industry recognized certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or equivalent skills.
- Project planning experience performing hardware/software deployments
- Experience working on a field service team supporting a multi-site environment.
- 3+ years in a corporate end user support environment preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Project planning experience performing hardware/software deployments.
- Credit Union/Banking field support experience preferred
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with management, co-workers, internal and external customers/members.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root-causes, with the ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic team environment.
- Work under minimal supervision following established policies and procedures.
- Positively react to changing priorities such as projects, issue escalations, support, organizational and administrative duties.
- Working knowledge of:
- Windows 10 & Windows Server 2012/2016
- MS Office and SQL.
- Citrix XenDesktop
- VMware Virtualization
- IP based networking technologies and equipment.
- Must be available and willing to travel, as needed and be available for specific emergency on-call work.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, especially when interacting with other employees, management, and members.
- Must have a valid driver s license, good driving record, reliable mode of transportation, qualified to obtain a credit card for expenses.
- Your ability to be bonded is required
Established in 1934, today SEFCU (State Employees Federal Credit Union) is among the 50 largest credit unions in the U.S. with more than $3.5 billion in assets, 330,000 members, and 50 branches in the Capital Region, Binghamton, Syracuse, and Buffalo. SEFCU is committed to Changing Lives Every Day through the donation of time, talent, and treasure.