Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking to hire a Field Service Representative (FSR) to join our team and operate at a site stationed overseas (OCONUS) with training taking place in Westminster, CO first. We are seeking a cross-functional team member who can interact with systems and software engineers, configuration management specialists, and system security specialists. This technical team supports the US Government by providing systems engineering, software engineering, and satellite downlink expertise to develop and deploy satellite imagery remote GEOINT processing and exploitation ground systems. In this role, the team member will be responsible for all FSR activities which include routine maintenance and support to system to operations including hardware and software updates. Location will be discussed during interview.Responsibilities:
- Effectively work in a fast-paced development and operations support environment supporting a USG customer by building and maintaining a relationship with the local site addressing daily and future requirements.
- Provide integration & testing in support of operational systems and serve as mentor for a virtual FSR network.
- Provide coverage when other FSRs are on leave at other CONUS and OCONUS Locations.
- Participate in on-site installation of the overall system, both hardware and software.
- Maintain systems at remote OCONUS locations as both operator, hardware and software maintainer.
- Operate satellite image processing ground systems.
- Provide root cause analysis for integrated software and hardware platforms.
- Troubleshoot various software applications, containers, virtual machine components in a REST architecture, and database issues.
- Provide training to operators on the use and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Completes hardware and accessory installation, software connectivity, technical issues and training.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate communications between multiple time zones and support customer activities outside.
- Maintain good working relationship with customers and other contractors to ensure smooth transition of new technologies into an operational environment.
- Document and communicate on any exercises, customer activities or requirements, and maintenance issues that impact the system.
- Must be U.S. Citizen with a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Associates Degree or 2-year technical School or equivalent. 3 additional years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years' experience.
- Familiarity with RESTful services, Java / C++, Apache Tomcat and relational DB.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must have a basic level of knowledge of networking.
- Must be comfortable working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Strong verbal, briefing, and written communication skills to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Requires a two-month pre-deployment training period in Westminster, CO before deployment to remote OCONUS sites for long periods (6 months or more).
- Ability to work on a customer site stationed overseas as the sole company representative.
- Active TS/SCI.
- Experience supporting military units in the field with technical equipment.
- A master's degree in a technical discipline or geosocial intelligence experience.
- Experience operating as a part of a System Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) group.
- Experience in satellite remote ground terminal operations, or equivalent experience in aerospace operations.
- Experience in software Kubernetes and Docker container-based environments.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira issue tracking software.
- A drive for gaining new knowledge. Position will require an employee to learn and be knowledge on several different systems and tools.
The compensation range for this position is $75,000.00 to $125,00.00 annually, dependent on skills and experience.
#cjpostMaxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.