Glidewell Dental is an industry-leading provider of dental technology products and services to dental professionals worldwide. Headquartered in Newport Beach/Irvine, CA, the Glidewell campus is home to 3,300 employees and complete with an employee gym, cafeteria, massage therapist, acupuncturist, and of course, a dentist. Glidewell Dental employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and is privately owned.
So what is a dental company doing with technology?
Glidewell is dedicated to building the future of dental through additive manufacturing, data science, and even machine learning. We research and develop new innovative products and services for the dental industry at affordable costs. Just ask your dentist! Glidewell.io
is a brand new division utilizing our own groundbreaking, proprietary software and hardware to forever change the way Dentists provide in-house restorative care. We are looking for a Field Service Technician to be part of our innovative platform!
As a Field Service Technician, you will
- Travel to customer sites throughout North America on a weekly basis to do fastmill.io maintenance and service visits (75% travel required)
- Travel onsite to Trade Shows and other events to install glidewell.io systems and address any maintenance issues that may arise during the event.
- Install, calibrates, and tests fastmill.io machine in accordance with pre-defined policies and procedures; requires use of precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Locate source of problems by observing mechanical &electrical devices in operation; listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Troubleshoot Windows operating systems and applications, software installation, PC upgrades (including hardware), networking, problem solving and repair.
- Move milling equipment to and from client sites and events. I
- Report to manufacturing when not traveling to repair fastmill.io units in house
- Work closely with manufacturing,engineering & customer technical support to stay educated on the mechanics of the mill and how to apply the latest updates and repairs
- Adhere to all SOP s, policies and procedures
- Must have an electrical and mechanical experience
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints
- Customer focused; must be flexible in dealing with others in the organization.
- Team player;
- Experience with Haas CNC controls and CNC programming is a plus
- Basic safety and attention to details.
- Ability to travel (up to 75%) to domestic and international locations away from primary work place
- Ability to frequently push and/or pull up to forty (40) pounds and up to one hundred fifteen (115) pounds with assistance and/or use of equipment.
- Ability to frequently lift or carry up to forty (40) pounds and up to one hundred fifteen (115) pounds with assistance and/or use of equipment
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Vacation, sick time
- Flexible hours
- Employee Gym with showers
- Employee Medical Center with on-site Physician, Massage Therapist, Acupuncturist, Physical Therapist
- Employee Dentist and Hygienist
- Can be selected to get reconstructive work done on teeth for free
- $1000 per year on Glidewell products
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- On-site cafeteria
- Game room
- Employee appreciation days (Company BBQ, special events, etc.)
- Theme park trip (friends and family invited)