Take your career to the next level with eXcell. We offer jobs with Fortune 1000 companies nationwide AND invest in your career development through our generous, annual training contribution.
We have an opening for a Field Support Tech to provide break-fix support, especially on printers, in the SF area. Candidates must live within a 20-mile radius of San Francisco zip code 94118.
* * * Contract to Hire Opportunity * * *
- This is a driving position which requires a DMV background check to be completed
- Use of reliable, personal vehicle required - miles reimbursed according to CompuCom policy
- Technician will travel to each client s location to provide service
- Must maintain good customer focus meeting deadlines and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs desktops, laptops, servers, and printers
- Works under general supervision
Basic Needs / Haves:
- 3-5 years of printer support experience required, Lexmark printer experience preferred
- Wire / cable experience required
- Experience supporting desktops and laptops
- 2+ years of customer service experience required
- Ability to work weekends, staggered or late shifts possibly including evenings and/or weekends
- Interpersonal skills needed to interact with a wide range of users and environments
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver s license required (driving position - reimbursed accordingly)
- Ability to work from a bent, crouched, or kneeled position
- Ability to work on a ladder or lift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Smartphone with tethering / hot spot capabilities (reimbursed within corporate guidelines)
- Laptop and basic hand tools required
- CompTIA A+ certification
- OEM Printer Warranty certifications - Lexmark preferred
- OEM Laptop / Desktop Warranty certifications
- Server experience a plus
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell , a division of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, arrest, and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This includes the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance as well as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.