Job DescriptionPRIMARY FUNCTION
The Field Technical Services is responsible for all field services that ensure core businesses run efficiently. Manages and supports all IT field technical activities including hardware, IT equipment, ISP circuits, asset location, and low voltage infrastructure. Ensures uptime, performance, resource availability, and security of managed field technical resources. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Manages hardware procurement process including requests, authorization and approvals, and delivery. Manages equipment inventory.
2) Oversees logistical process for asset deployment, hardware troubleshooting
3) Manages and acts as a point of contact for third party support for hardware installations/break-fix requests, ISP circuit installs, low voltage work, and other field support for all acquisitions, de novo builds, and existing offices.
4) Develops wiring diagrams to determine low voltage layout, asset locations, and hardware quantities.
5) Develops and maintains performance metrics and presents at management meetings.
6) Develops and manages education and career growth plans for the Field Technician department.
7) Acts as a technical point of escalation for the Field Technician
8) Develops and implements closed-ended support processes to ensure accurate service delivery.
9) Manages provisioning, deployment and control systems
10) Creates and maintains technical documentation related to Field Technical operations.
11) Manages all Field Tech initiatives from planning through execution and completion. QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE
: Minimum 5 years of experience in supervising and supporting technical teams in a service management environment required. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with internal staff at all levels, up to and including senior management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a professional manner
- Able to manage work across multiple projects and deliver on time, making the best possible use of available resources.
- Ability to drive teams to consensus.
- Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems
- Able to start, shut down and restart computers, terminals, and printers
- Able to read, manage and create technical documentation
- Able to use ticket tracking software, remote management software and the telephone to provide technical support
- Aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking