We have been retained by our excellent manufacturing client in Mansfield, Texas to deliver a Field Technician on a direct hire basis with client paying $20 24.50 per hour and excellent benefits, 401k match, paid-vacation, paid-overtime, and 4% year-end bonus. Qualified candidate needs basic knowledge of electronics, basic circuitry, basics of Radio Frequency (RF), use of oscilloscope or other RF Test equipment, spectrum analyzers, as well as basic computer skills with MS Excel or any database, and soldering. The Field Technician will work with an in-house and in the field 50% of the time, by company truck, or via airline to customer locations. Measure and record the strength of radio frequency signals and weaknesses of devices. PIM testing. Drive Testing to measure signal strength. Perform troubleshooting, repair. Add repeaters. Work with customers and distributors technicians to troubleshoot and ensure quality of signal and system. RF Devices undergo different types of environments, addition of water, or other obstructions of RF, other radio wave blocks or RF interference. 50% travel is required. Road and Air travel. All travel expenses paid: truck, gas, hotel accommodations, airfare, and meals.
The desired skill set includes the following, but not all required:
The Field Technician will complete assigned projects and tasks associated with customers and distributors technicians. The position will require the testing/analysis and management of specific product and RF equipment as required. The position will maintain detailed paperwork and documentation. The position will complete assigned work accurately and in a timely fashion. The position will follow-up and communicate with team and maintain excellent notes on results, i.e. reporting inventory, installation locations, log expenses and notes. Create & maintain records, keep documentation up to date and controlled. Maintain accuracy and timeliness of projects, tasks, priorities & data needed from the field assignments.
1. Ability to prepare, repair, and maintain products/systems/electronics in the field (able to solder, understand basic circuitry, use oscilloscope, & other lab tools)
2. It is a plus if candidate has knowledge of RF technologies testing of RF signal strengths; with various radio frequency (RF) transmitter and data collection devices as advantage
3. The ability to manage short, mid & long-term projects or tasks
4. Ability to diagnose technical and or operational problems
5. Ability to research, understand and/or analyze data. Complete work plans and project management schedules utilizing computer and manual data entry methods
6. Ability to write technical reports that can be fed back through the organization
7. A keen desire and willingness to help the team as well as learn new skills is essential
8. Basic computer skills with a strong tendency towards MS Excel or any databases is a plus and some knowledge of tracking RF devices connectivity on a map, or billing/invoicing systems.
9. Clean driving record and a valid drivers license as occasional trips to the field will be required
*** Military (Marine, or Army, or Navy, or Air Force) electronics experience & DD214.
Military experience with RF or transmitters and receivers or radio signals is desired.
The Field Technician will possesses: Good written, verbal, and telephone skills demonstrating empathetic approach to dealing with the customer. Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time where you are home nearly every weekend, one week at a time unless leaving on a Thursday, ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities. Positive can do/professional attitude and quick learner/hands on - Physically fit, able to frequently bend and occasionally lift items up to 50 lbs. Enjoys presenting to and training team when required. Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and honest and be able to move at the required pace without direct supervision. Ability to adapt to unforeseen challenges. New challenges can arise at short notice, testing methods or measurements may be dictated or have to be created. New products and processes require effective and expeditious validation.
Employment type: Regular Full-Time, Direct Hire, with client
Compensation: $20.00 24.50 per hour + overtime + year-end 4% bonus + benefits
Benefits: life, health, dental, vision, 401k matching, ADD, short-term disability, paid vacation, paid sick time, bonus of 4% of annual salary is expected.
Location: Mansfield, Texas
Travel required: 50% of the time or more, road and air travel, plan is home every weekend, one week at a time, unless leaving on a Thursday in example.
Immigration: s and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
No third parties. No consulting firms. Principals only. No recruiters. Candidates only.
Please apply with resume ( MS Word format preferred ).
We encourage candidates to send texts or call to follow up: